Call for Poster Abstracts
The 11th annual Arkansas Association for Food Protection (AAFP) general meeting will be held September 16-18, 2019 at the Fayetteville Town Center in Fayetteville, Arkansas. The Education Committee for the AAFP would like to invite all current and future members (must be an Arkansas Affiliate member at the time of abstract submission) to submit abstracts for scientific posters based on any food safety research/work they have done (current or past, published or unpublished). Students (undergraduate and graduate), post-docs, technical staff and professionals are encouraged to participate in the poster symposium. Posters can be submitted for one of the following categories:
1. Food Safety Including Fundamental Understanding of Pathogens (Graduate)
2. Interventions, Pre and Post harvest (Graduate)
3. Pet Food Safety (Graduate)
4. Other and Misc. (Graduate)
5. Undergraduate (all categories)
6. Post-Doctoral and Technical Staff (post-graduate)
7. Non-competition Posters (post-docs, industry, vendors, and other non-student posters)
Students can also enroll in a poster competition with a panel of judges that will award monetary prizes for the top 3 posters in each of categories 1-6. The competition will be held from 1-4pm Monday, September 16th.
1. Abstracts are due by August 31, 2019, 5 pm central standard time. Late abstracts may be accepted but may not be enrolled for the poster competition or be listed in the abstract booklet.
2. Abstracts must include the following information:
a. Title-Calibri Font, size 16
b. Authors-Calibri Font, size 14
c. Body-Calibri Font, size 12
i. Body must include the following sections:
ii. Body can not exceed 350 words.
d. Keywords- Calibri Font, size 12
i. 1 to 3 keywords must be listed at bottom of the abstract.
e. Category to which the poster is to be submitted (this will determine if the poster is a competition poster or non-competition poster).
3. Membership dues for the Arkansas Affiliate must be paid before submission of abstracts. Proof of paid membership dues/meeting registration is due at the time of the abstract submittal.
4. Please contact Jerri Lynn Pickett if you have any additional questions at Jerri.Lynn.Pickett@tyson.com.
Presentation of Posters
Final posters are limited in size to 4’ by 4’. Larger posters may not be displayed due to limited space.
Posters must be hung between 8 am and 11 am Monday, September 16th and should remain on display throughout the meeting.
Authors are required to be present with their posters from 1pm-4pm Monday (judging will occur during this time frame). Specific timing can be adjusted slightly if class schedules interfere.
Posters must be removed within 60 minutes of the end of the meeting on Wednesday, September 18th.
Any posters remaining after this time will be removed and destroyed.
Winners will be notified via e-mail by 10 pm Monday, September 16th.
Winners will be announced to meeting attendees and prizes presented Tuesday, September 17th during the luncheon.
If you have any questions or problems with abstract submission, please call Jerri Lynn Pickett at 479-290-7104 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.