Call for Poster Abstracts
The 11th annual Arkansas Association for Food Protection (AAFP) general meeting will be held September 17-18, 2019 at the Fayetteville Town Center in Fayetteville, Arkansas. The Education Committee for the AAFP would like to invite all current and future members (must be an Arkansas Affiliate member at the time of abstract submission) to submit abstracts for scientific posters based on any food safety research/work they have done (current or past, published or unpublished). Students (undergraduate and graduate), post-docs, technical staff and professionals are encouraged to participate in the poster symposium. Posters can be submitted for one of the following categories:
1. Food Safety Including Fundamental Understanding of Pathogens (Graduate)
2. Interventions, Pre and Post harvest (Graduate)
3. Pet Food Safety (Graduate)
4. Other and Misc. (Graduate)
5. Undergraduate (all categories)
6. Post-Doctoral and Technical Staff (post-graduate)
7. Non-competition Posters (post-docs, industry, vendors, and other non-student posters)
Students can also enroll in a poster competition with a panel of judges that will award prizes for the top posters. The poster competition will include all posters submitted for the first 6 categories.
1. Abstracts are due by September 01, 2019, 5 pm central standard time. Late abstracts may be accepted, but will not be enrolled for the poster competition or be listed in the abstract booklet.
2. Abstracts must include the following information:
a. Title-Calibri Font, size 16
b. Authors-Calibri Font, size 14
c. Body-Calibri Font, size 12
i. Body must include the following sections:
ii. Body can not exceed 350 words.
d. Keywords- Calibri Font, size 12
i. 1 to 3 keywords must be listed at bottom of the abstract.
e. Category to which the poster is to be submitted (this will determine if the poster is a competition poster or non-competition poster).
3. Membership dues for the Arkansas Affiliate must be paid before submission of abstracts. Proof of paid membership dues/meeting registration is due at the time of the abstract submittal.
4. Please contact Jerri Lynn Pickett if you have any additional questions at Jerri.Lynn.Pickett@tyson.com.
Presentation of Posters
Posters must be hung between 2 pm and 4 pm Tuesday, September 17th and must remain on display throughout the meeting.
Posters must be removed within 60 minutes of the end of the meeting on Wednesday, September 18th
Any posters remaining after this time will be removed and destroyed.
Final posters are limited in size to 4’ by 4’. Larger posters may not be displayed due to limited space.
Authors are required to be present with their posters during the following times (judging will occur during this time frame)
Categories 1, 3, and 5: Tuesday, September 17th from 8:30-11 am.
Categories 2, 4, and 6: Tuesday, September 17th from 1:00-3:30 pm.
Winners will be notified by 9 pm via e-mail on Tuesday, September 17th.
Winners will be announced Wednesday, September 18th during the luncheon.
Further information will be available at the AAFP website (http://arkafp.org/) as the meeting approaches. If you have any questions, please call Jerri Lynn Pickett at 479-290-7104 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org