Dear Food Safety Professional,
The 10th Annual Arkansas Association of Food Protection (AAFP) conference will be held September 17-20 at the Fayetteville Town Center on the beautiful square in downtown Fayetteville, AR. We think you will enjoy the after-hours events for this year’s conference. The conference presentations are on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday until mid-day.
Have you already registered? If not, go here https://www.arkafp.org/conferences/
Please review some of the updates below.
- Demand has absorbed our block of discounted rooms at the Chancellor so normal room rates are at $109 for most of the week.
- Parking will be improved this year due to the new venue- the Fayetteville Town Center and the proximity of the Chancellor Hotel. Please review the FTC parking lot map and info here https://www.twncenter.com/images/documents/FTC_ParkingMap.pdf The guests that stay at the Chancellor will already be parked at the hotel parking deck and can walk across the square to the FTC.
- Vendor Showcases from 11am-12noon
- Lunch will allow for meals at the great restaurants on the Downtown Fayetteville Square. https://www.tripadvisor.com/RestaurantsNear-g31589-d4065154-Fayetteville_Downtown_Square_Gardens-Fayetteville_Arkansas.html
- The Regulatory Q&A networking event for the AR, MO and KS District of USDA will be part of the AAFP Conference after hours event of Tuesday night, Sept 18th, from 6-8p. Beverages and appetizers will be provided by Zoetis that is sponsoring the evening’s after-hours activities. Now is your chance for a non-threatening dialogue with District Personnel that will attend the industry-only meeting to answer Industry submitted questions and on-site discussion. Several Springdale district EIAO personnel and possibly some from Washington will attend the Conference.
- We will have AAFP T- Shirts that will bring a smile to your face for $20 so bring cash if possible. The proceeds will support our new efforts to further support Food Science students.
- We will have a Happy Hour Networking event on Wednesday 5pm-7pm. Weather permitting, we will have the event in the Garden and patio of the FTC.
We hope to see you at the Conference!